This Little Miggy Stayed Home: True Story

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

True Story

Ok so this really happened to me and I thought it was sorta out-of-a-movie-ish. A few years ago, I had just moved into a new house in Provo. It was a pretty big house, enough for 4 girls, but there were only 2 of us living there at first. I had the largest room in the house--it was in the basement and was seriously HUGE (I had 4 closets). Well, I'm sort of a scaredy cat by nature, and at my previous residence we had had some problems with a peeping tom. It was actually pretty freaky, but that's another story. Anyway, I'm just telling you that for background info . . . I scare easily. I had only lived in the house about 2 weeks and I didn't know my new roommate all that well (we later became great friends). One night, in the middle of the night I woke up pretty suddenly. When I looked at the clock it was exactly 2:00 am. (The worst time to wake up in the middle of the night since you're not even close to morning). Something had woken me up but I didn't know what. Then I realized it was raining outside. . . it was thunder that had awoken me. (Relief). I went upstairs to look out the window and it was pouring. It was like some crazy tropical storm in the middle of the night in Provo. So I decided to go back down to my room and just read for a minute to sorta calm my nerves until I could fall back asleep. My book wasn't open longer than a minute (I promise you, one minute) when my cell phone rang. Holy crap. I randomly get woken up in the middle of the night by some crazy rain storm and now my cell phone rings? Who in the hay-ell is calling? I look at it and don't recognize the number. Hesitantly I answer. Hello? THEY HANG UP. Free-key. Who just called me in the middle of the night during some crazy storm right after I just got woken up? Did they know I got woken up? Are they watching through a window? Is he wearing a mask and carrying a chainsaw? Panic, panic, panic. So I called back and get a very generic answering machine of a male voice instructing the caller to leave a message. I call a couple more times and the same thing. At this point I'm beyond freaked out. I don't know what to do. It's a long time before morning. An idea pops into my head. . . No I can't do that. She'll think I'm an idiot. Whatevs, I don't care. So I grab my comforter and pillow and head upstairs. This is so retarded. Oh well . . . I knock on my roommates door. (The roommate I barely know) I tell her I'm kinda freaked out and ask (excuse me while I just slip my pride into my back pocket here) if I can sleep on her floor. She was quick to say yes. Phew. I think she might have also been a little freaked out by the midnight storm as well. And so I did. I, a grown woman, slept on her floor. We bonded pretty quickly after that, and laughed about that little incident a couple times. Anyway, that's my scary story.


  1. i had a "peeping tom" during a thunderstorm. maybe the thunder brings out the crazies. although he continued to bother me when it wasn't stormy so there goes that theory...

  2. My blood pressure is a little high now.

  3. Frea-key is right!

    You should have saved that scary story for an October post!